Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Konerko + Dunn >> Pujols

"If [owner Jerry Reinsdorf] gave me $30 million right now, I'm not going to spend it on one guy. Sorry, White Sox fans," Williams said, according to CSN. "But I tell you what, I'm going to take that $30 million and I'm going to distribute it around. My team is going to be better as a whole than it is with one player who might get hurt. Then you're done. Sorry, that's just me. And that's no disrespect to a future Hall of Famer, first ballot, one of the greatest players in history."


Chicago signed Adam Dunn to a $56 million, four-year contract and brought Paul Konerko back for three years at $37.5 million.


I have to hand it to Kenny Williams here - he can tell that diversifying his risk by signing two aging sluggers who won't provide anything on defense for $25M is better than signing the best baseball man on the planet for about the same price. After all, the White Sox have been the hub of fiscal prudence over the last half decade.

No comments: