Friday, March 20, 2009

I Love Me Some Terps

Who else isn't excited by a win over Cal? We so own them this year. First Kevin Barnes and now our own Greivis just ethering those hippies from Berkeley.

Who would have thought a 13-point upset was coming from this team? Sure, they were the popular pick for an upset by most prognosticators. I myself even had this as a win in my bracket. We all "thought" that the Terps could be the Bears because we've seen how good we can be. We've also seen how awful this team can be (see: Morgan State, @Virginia). It wasn't until after the game that I realized just how amazing this win was. It wasn't that it was so startling that it happened. After all, we thought it would. It's just that this is a team that before the season I thought was going to be just awful. We had no big men, at one point we had no recruits, and I thought Greivis couldn't put Brooklyn on his back or Marcy on the map. For crying out loud, DAVE NEAL. I love that guy and I am so happy that he is in my Class of 2009 at Maryland. I'm so glad that Greivis is even better than we all thought he was. The man will have his number hanging in the rafters of Comcast some day. Believe me, he will. And during his speech he will thank "Scott" and Gary Williams. If you can find a bigger Gary homer than Greivis I'd be utterly surprised. I just love this team. I am in sheer amazement of it. And unlike Ritchie, I'm not drunk while posting this. Right now I'm counting my blessings that I get to experience this, not only as a student but also as a fan.

Thanks Maryland. Thanks Gary. Thanks Greivis. Thanks Dave. Thanks everyone.

Well, not everyone. Kathy Worthington has never won 9 straight first round games in the Lig.

Bring on Memphis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe i'm just missing something, but i don't seem to remember a drunk post by "richy" or whatever you call him. he's a great writer though, so you should probably learn to talk terps basketball on his level.